Thursday 20 August 2020

Be patient with me, I am a work in progress. Shalom✌️

 

I'm not for everyone. I hate that I'm annoying to certain people. I don't get to dazzle them with my brilliance.

I am so tempted sometimes to ask people to look past the things that annoy them.

My former director once sat next to me, leaving 50 something empty seats in that chapel only to complain about my loud breathing.

I know I breathe too loudly and on occasion, depending on what I'm eating, I can be a loud chewer. My laughs are often too loud and sound like I'm mocking people. I am told that my questions are judgemental and I am judgemental, and I know that I am not - it's just how I sound.

I could spend the next few years trying to change these things about myself or people can learn to look past them or embrace them as my quirks 🤷

Growing up, I never talked much, so maybe some elements of non-verbal communication never developed in me, I am purely speculating here.

I have also noticed that my mom doesn't articulate as much as she gives non-verbal clues, which I often miss - much to her annoyance. Nevermind that she speaks indirectly and phrases things in an unusual fashion, I often miss the unsaid. It's not that I am aloof but I simply communicate differently. When people understand that, things usually flow smoothly thereafter.

Be patient with me, I am a work in progress.

Shalom✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment