Friday 30 October 2020

My Favorite Professors


 These were my favorite professors at UNP. The then Dr Dean Goldring now Prof always used to come to lectures with jokes on sticky notes and I'd start laughing the moment he would reach for his sticky notes πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Prof Theresa Coetzee was very serious and strict, she looked super cute pregnant and the fact that she was married to this goofball (Dr Goldring) made her my people. She made you feel welcome to come talk to her in her office.
Other lecturers (who shall remain nameless) couldn't stand black students. The Biochemistry department was so friendly and welcoming. Prof Dennison was a jovial character as well.
These people made the walk from 69 Pine Street (Pmb) every day on an empty stomach worth it. Leaving the house at 6am & walking back home in the evenings meant that I was exposed to many dangerous situations but by the grace of God I made it through! Temptations to end it all were there but I didn't.

I lost a bunch of weight and when my sister M-Jay had insisted that I move to Scottsville, she blessed me with some new clothes and shoes, and I looked decent again.
I knew I had a solid friendship with Luh, when I was at my lowest but she stuck by me and helped me through it.
Low points will show you who's a real friend and who's a frenemy.

This was supposed to be an appreciation post for the hubby and wifey team of Biochemistry. Dr G always used to say: "it's not my turn to watch her" whenever I would go ask him where his wife was.
Wishing blessings in abundance to themπŸ™Œ

No comments:

Post a Comment