Saturday 8 December 2018

Nothing to write home about - A TripAdvisor post about Khayalami - Nelspruit

So in April 2018, I travelled with two Afro-centric colleagues to Nelspruit. I was so excited that we were booked at a black-owned establishment!

Read all about it in my trip advisor review below:

"We stayed at Khayalami in Nelspruit. We had paid for our accommodation two weeks in advance but upon check-in we had to produce proof of payment before they could check us in.
The place is well-built, the rooms are specious. With a more attentive and friendly staff complement, it can only add value. My advice to the owner is to get experienced, qualified and professional front of office, booking and accounts personnel to make for a pleasurable, seamless and stress-free checking in experience. The wifi was not working the entire time we were there.
The aircons and curtains need a serious intervention, the curtains don't fit those big beautiful windows and the aircons were leaking so much water that I feared for the electrical wiring and electronics in the room.
The breakfast was the biggest let down for me. Rubbery eggs and squash is not what I was expecting.
Room Tip: Request a room with a balcony for the best views of the rising sun!
Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business"

My take home here is:
1. Owner-managed lodges function best (The next best thing is getting hospitality-
trained employees)
2. Staff training and supervision is crucial in ensuring that standards are set and adhered to
3. A smile doesn't cost a thing!

1 comment:

  1. I affectionately remember this trip, what a let down it was. Some sacrifices we took all in supporting a black business.

    ReplyDelete