Saturday 8 December 2018

Simply the best! Review of Jackalberry Farm & Lodge


I feel like a family member at Jackalberry Lodge. The prices have gone up over the years but I am not complaining. Room 2 has the best wifi reception and whenever I book at Jackalberry, I specifically request to stay in this room. I enjoy the friendliness of the owners (Han's & Mpumie) and Han's culinary skills and generosity. He taught us about growing mango trees and herbs, I have mastered the herbs but my mom's goats always manage to feast on my mango trees. I digress. I feel nostalgic whenever I jump into their swimming pool because that is where I learnt to swim. Even the owners' son (Tony) is so hospitable, he once took us on an unauthorised tour of the farm and we explored the river banks, admiring nature. I could go on for the whole day! The hippo-spotting at night is so awesome, I get such a kick out of it. I wish the municipality could fix the roads, other than that, Jackalberry is my happy place.

Room Tip: Room 1 & 3 for best views, Room 2 for best wifi reception.

No comments:

Post a Comment