Saturday 8 December 2018

Review of Union Buildings

How ironic is it that I have an unobscured view if the Union Buildings from the spectacular balcony of my penthouse flat in Central Pretoria. (Just had to blow that horn!!!) 
So I have visited the Union Buildings numerous times with friends and family, visiting Pretoria. The Union of South Africa era was not exactly an inclusive period in our history, I had titled this TripAdvisor review "Too many 'old South Africa' reminders" and I stand by this title. A mere statue of Nelson Mandela will not change my opinion and observation.
This is how it went: "The grounds are very well-manicured! The steps are great for exercising and the view from the parking lot is great. I'm not too crazy about all the apartheid era memorabilia". I feel like I should have added #JustSaying

No comments:

Post a Comment