Friday 10 April 2020

Lot number 3, my childhood home

My childhood home. My dad's grandfather uSampula (Mgwabashe's last born) decided to give him this site, coz the 'powers that be' had refused to give my dad a plot.
In the days that followed, a group of men came to confront my dad about his new stand, wanting to give it to someone else who had asked for it previously.
Seeing this whole thing unfold, khokho Sampula joined the discussion and put his foot down and nobody dared to challenge him.
That's why gogo MaCele, mkhulu Menzelwa, Mkhulu Merco, Auntie Bongiwe, Bab'Busani will always be in our hearts.
We used to endure the singing and drumming of amazion for the entire Easter Tridium when Mkhulu Menzelwa was still alive. He was a giant, enebandla elikhulukazi!
#Jwara #Sjekula #grateful #family #land #Lot3

No comments:

Post a Comment