Saturday 25 April 2020

Never let how far you have to go bring you down, look at how far you've come

Reading this quote from Jay Shetty brought back a memory. When my sister @ka_tiyoni had just moved back to KZN from East London, I hosted her for a couple of weeks while she was looking for a place to stay in Durban. She used to drive a gold Megan shake it!
She used to attend morning mass at the Emmanuel Cathedral in Durban every weekday, without fail. We tried attending Sunday Mass at St Joseph's Cathedral once but it was just too chaotic. You see, my dad always used to say that God will not be found in chaos and noise but in quietness and stillness. True or not, that's how we were raised.

So, we would go to church at Emmanuel Cathedral (I was working in Mariannhill at the time and  staying at the St Francis College staff cottages behind St Joseph's Cathedral at the time), we enjoyed the English Mass - no unnecessary noise from school bells or spanners🤦
So, one time driving back from church, we were reminiscing about how tough it was being unemployed graduates, at home with our BSc. degrees, harvesting beans... And we were so grateful that we were at a different place in our lives.
Right this minute, I am thankful that I am no longer at the very stressful and down-right-evil workplace that I had chosen to hang on to for longer than I should have. #grateful


 This here is my beautiful and stubborn sister Jules @Ka_Tiyoni. Tanaka's mamkhulu. My parents' first born child. Big sis! 

No comments:

Post a Comment