Saturday 25 April 2020

Perfectly Imperfect

Expecting Perfection is not realistic. If God can create corn with squiggly rows and uneven seeds, what's so hard to understand about each person being created unique. Some people are tall others are short, dark skinned and light skinned, fat and skinny, ugly and pretty, intelligent and dumb, kind and mean, you know what I mean, right?
Why should I strive to be like another person? Why should I be what somebody else expects me to be?
When I was younger and definitely dumber, I thought that I had to behave in a certain way and betray who I am, for acceptance. It certainly doesn't help that people get shamed for just being. The fact that I exist and dare to love myself is such an offensive act in the eyes of some people in our society.

What I didn't know was that I would eventually find my tribe (very small in number but huge in love with enormous impact). Finding people who will love and embrace you even when you are not being flattering towards them. Even when you are being your usual 'hectic' self. Even when you disagree with them. That's a rare find.
Cheers to my tribe! 🥂

No comments:

Post a Comment